Corporate Profile

« Back

Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is focused on providing power to get work done and make people’s lives better. Briggs & Stratton is the world’s largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America’s number one marketer of gas pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton®, Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro®, Ferris®, Vanguard™, Allmand™, Billy Goat®, Murray®, Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents. These products are sold through consumer home centers, department stores, mass merchants, warehouse clubs and independent dealers. In fiscal 2016, Briggs & Stratton Corporation reported $1.81 billion in sales.

Briggs & Stratton’s engines are used primarily by the lawn and garden equipment industry, which accounted for about 87 percent of the Engines segment fiscal 2016 engine sales. Major lawn and garden equipment applications include walk-behind lawn mowers, riding lawn mowers, garden tillers and snow throwers. The remaining 13 percent of engine sales to OEM’s in Fiscal 16 was for use on products for industrial, construction, agricultural and other consumer applications that include portable and standby generators, pumps and pressure washers. Many retailers specify Briggs & Stratton’s engines on the power equipment they sell and the Briggs & Stratton logo is often featured prominently on a product because of the appeal and reputation of the brand.

In Fiscal 16, approximately 31 percent of Briggs & Stratton’s Engines segment net sales are derived from sales in international markets, primarily to customers in Europe. Briggs & Stratton is a leading supplier of gasoline engines in countries where there is an established lawn and garden equipment market. Briggs & Stratton also exports engines to developing nations where its engines are used in agricultural, marine, construction and other applications.

Briggs & Stratton Corporation manufactures replacement engines and service parts and sells them to sales and service distributors. These distributors supply service parts and replacement engines directly to independently owned, authorized service dealers throughout the world. These distributors and service dealers incorporate Briggs & Stratton’s commitment to reliability and service.

Briggs & Stratton manufactures engines and parts at the following global locations: Wauwatosa, Wi.; Murray, Ky.; Poplar Bluff, Mo.; Auburn, Ala.; Chongqing, China; and Statesboro, Ga. Briggs & Stratton manufactures and assembles finished products in Munnsville, N.Y.; Lee’s Summit, Mo.; Wauwatosa, Wi.; Holdredge, Ne.; Sydney, Australia; and Curitiba, Brazil.

In 2015, Briggs & Stratton Corporation was named one of America’s top ten most reputable companies by the Reputation Institute in Forbes Magazine and was the recipient of the Better Business Bureau International Torch Award for Marketplace Excellence.

For additional information on Briggs & Stratton Corporation, please visit www.basco.com and www.briggsandstratton.com.